Don't go left, don't go right, stay straight (on the path).

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Avid Writer (a blog by another aspiring author)

Here's a blog by another aspiring author.
The Avid Writer

You will also find her on twitter

I just found her on twitter yesterday.  She's inspired by Jane Austen and other classic females authors.

Here a clip of her biography  (this is what catch my attention)


I was born with writing in my blood; however, I never thought myself an inheritor of the talent.
My father told me I wrote on everything–from walls, to floors to furniture. I always had something to write about. My first book was Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter. I would read it to my parents before bed. My father told me, one night, he found the book completely re-written in my usual chicken-scratch writing. He had me decifer the new storyline, and had me read aloud my “edited version”. He told me, he was so impressed that he clapped when I finished; he was speechless! I  had completely made the story my own.  I was four years old at that time.

Read the rest here

No comments:

Post a Comment