Don't go left, don't go right, stay straight (on the path).

Monday, January 3, 2011

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow: Just Thinking....

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why we call it 'The Present'."
Eleanor Roosevelt
I saw this quote on a calender today.  It's got me thinking about life.  What I think is I can't really do anything about what happened in all my yesterdays and tomorrow... well I worry about tomorrow.  I tried not to but I do.  I worry about will I have a job next year... If I really what to be a writer, in the hopefully near future, why don't I write more?
But what I really got out of this quote is yesterday and tomorrow are not really all that important.  Yesterday has happened and tomorrow has yet to come.  So Today is what is important.  My pastor this past Sunday said something a long the lines of there will never be another 2011, there will never be another today.  So make the best of today. 
I have decide to make 2011 a excellence year!

No comments:

Post a Comment